03 January 2015

[Stacking the Shelves] Post-Christmas Book Haul


This is a weekly meme hosted be Tynga's Reviews

Kuecki:


Yeah I know, Christmas isn't even two weeks over and I'm here to share eight new books with you. But I honestly didn't buy anything (except from 3 eBooks), all those books are post-Christmas gifts from my aunt or things I bought from a gifted Amazon gift card.
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare To be Honest, I have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Cassandra Clare. I started her The Mortal Instruments Series but didn't enjoy it, so I didn't continue on with it. But everyone seems to love Clare, so I decided to give her an kinda second chance. I'm a little fan of book set in Victorian age and I heard incredible things about this trilogy, so I think I'll give it a shot.
The Archived by Victoria Schwab Since I read Vicious last month I fell in love with Schwabs writing and her great ideas! I looked up some summarys of her books and they sounded incredible good. So I asked my aunt if she could get me a Victoria Schwab book for Christmas and she gave me the one I mosted wanted. Thanks ♥
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini I didn't read her Starcrossed (I think that's what it's called) trilogy but I heard really good things about it. So when her new book about witchcraft came out I put it on my wish list. I really like the cover, but I heard some mixed things about it.
Mistborn Trilogy von Brandon Sanderson I know, I'm probably the last person who haven't read a Brandon Sanderson book yet. But I heard so many good things about it! And I'm really into High/Epic Fantasy lately, so I can't wait to start this trilogy. 
Nachtzug nach Lissabon by Pascal Mercier and Das Blubbern von Glück by Barry Jonsberg are two German books I got.

 I also bought 3 eBooks. They were super cheap on Amazon and, thanks to Maura who told me, I had to get my hands on them. They're from my wishlist and I'm happy to finnaly have them. I hope I'll be able to read them soon!



Maura:


I got only two books this week. One of those books is an eBook: Uninvited by Sophie Jordan. It is - or was - really cheap on Amazon AND it stood on my wishlist for weeks (or rather months), so I just had to buy it. I'll hopefully read it soon, because it sounds so interesting and unique. 
The second book which I bought is City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Of course I've already read it (and the entire series), but for some mysterious reasons I didn't own it - until now. I'm so happy that it's finally standing right next to all the other books of The Mortal Instruments series on my bookshelf. 

7 comments:

  1. Heii Kücki,
    Stacking the shelves sounds brilliant!! May I have your "okay" to take your header for this? ^^

    hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maura, does she has our okay? :D
      I'm going to ask Maura but I think she'll be okay with that Anna :D

      Delete
    2. Jipiiiiiie!!!! *paryhard* *jumping in circles*

      Delete
    3. Yeah, of course you can use our header! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there,

    thanks to you I know have another book on my SUB: Uninvited. The plot sounds really cool so thank you for the tip :D
    I also own "since you've been gone" which I got for christmas from my girlfriend.

    Love and all,
    Sas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's pretty cool how so many people buy this book now, since I've discovered that's so cheap. I hope you enjoy reading it!
      Have you already started "Since You've Been Gone"? Anyways, it's a great Christmas present!

      Delete
    2. Bookblogs will be the dead of me one day Since I am reading them my wishlist is growing and growing :D

      No, I couldn't start it yet. Actually I haven't touched a book since December 22th. I normally only read when I am on my way to/from work and since I had holidays the last two weeks I didn't read a word. I know it's a shame but I am just not the type for sitting down on the couch and read. And I don't even know why...

      Delete