14 January 2015

[WoW #3] My Heart and Other Black Holes - Jasmine Warga



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My WoW for this week is My Heart and other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga: 

Summary:

Sixteen-year-old physics nerd Aysel is obsessed with plotting her own death. With a mother who can barely look at her without wincing, classmates who whisper behind her back, and a father whose violent crime rocked her small town, Aysel is ready to turn her potential energy into nothingness.
There's only one problem: she's not sure she has the courage to do it alone. But once she discovers a website with a section called Suicide Partners, Aysel's convinced she's found her solution—Roman, a teenage boy who's haunted by a family tragedy, is looking for a partner. Even though Aysel and Roman have nothing in common, they slowly start to fill in each other's broken lives. But as their suicide pact becomes more concrete, Aysel begins to question whether she really wants to go through with it. Ultimately, she must choose between wanting to die or trying to convince Roman to live so they can discover the potential of their energy together. [Harper Collins]


To be honest: I often have problems with books, which are about suicide. I'm not sure why but I sometimes think that they're not realistic - but on the other hand who am I to say what's realistic and what's not considering this topic. So at first I wasn't sure if I should read it or not, even though I really love the title and the summary sounds quite interesting. Bu then I heard some book bloggers talking about how good it is and now it's on my wishlist.
My Heart and Other Black Holes will be published on February 10th 2015 by Balzer + Bray

What do you think about this book? Do you want to read it? What do you think about the topic suicide in books?


No comments:

Post a Comment