03 February 2015

|Top Ten Tuesday| Top Ten Books from the Fantasy Genre I can't belive I haven't read yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 First of all: I KNOW THAT I NAMED ELEVEN BOOKS INSTEAD OF TEN but I'm currently reading two of them so I feel like they're counting a half and...yeah.
Half a King by Joe Abercrombie Sounds really good! It follows a little boy through his difficult childhood, I think he may become king or something like that, but I'm not entire sure.
Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence This is one of the two books I'm currently reading and I think it was really good so far. I had some struggle with the main character, because I have a big problem with eleven years old boys killing people and raping little girls. 
The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima I honestly have no idea what this is about, but it CINDA WILLIAMS CHIMA and her Seven Realms books are incredible, there're my favorite Fantasy Series of all the time and I love her characters, her style of writing...this book has to be great!
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss I feel like this is kind of a Staple for the High Fantasy genre and I heard great things about it, but also some negative reviews. Anyway, I think I should give this a go, because it's one of those books you've to read if you're into Fantasy.

A Thousand Names by Diango Wexler I really like this cover! I heard some people say that this book focuses on the military aspect instead of the Fantasy aspect, but I don't think this will bother me. I'm pretty interested in military things, so I want to give it a shot.
The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett This book giantess! But it's one of those books that are staples in the genre. So even if I hate this cover, a lot of people read this book and liked it, so I'll check it out. What it is about? I've no idea, but...it's Fantasy xD
Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb I don't know if you can call this book a staple, but it's famous and it has one of those cover screaming: I'm fantasy! I started this book and it's about a boy without a name who's a bastard of the king, and so he has to live a pretty difficult life. I'm very intrigued and want to find out, what he'll do while he grows up. I think this book is only about his teenage years and the following books about his further life.
Thief's Magic by Trudi Canavan Again, no idea what this is about, but Ms Canavan is one of those famous Fantasy authors and I heard incredible things about her books, so I want to start with this one!
 
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes This is a YA Fantasy book and a lot of people said to me, I should read this one to get a good introduction. I read High Fantasy before, so I don't think I need this introduction, but the story sounds interesting, so I'm going to read.
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch This isn't exactly high fantasy, but I'll count it anyway. I'm going to read this one in the month of February and hopefully it'll be good.
Lady Thief by A. C. Gaughen I like Fantasy books, but sometime they're a bit sexist, because they take place in a time where women were nearly worthless. So Lady Thief sounds like a book where you have a strong female protagonist, almost like Celaena Sardothien, and that's why this is one of the books I'm most excited for.

Do you have any other High Fantasy recommendations?

sorry for some mistakes, it's almost 12 p.m. and I'm so tired!

1 comment:

  1. I loved a lot of the listed books above. Especially "The Name of the Wind" of course ;D How can anyone have negative things to say about that book? oO For me it's just perfect and I am sure you could like it too. I would say it is very hard not to like that book.

    I am still interested in reading "The Lady Thief", but I am trying to reduce my sub and I am not sure, if I can buy it this month. And I would say that "Locke Lamora" is also High Fantasy. It has some historical elements as well, but I would say it is mainly fantasy in a huge world. Book one plays in one city, but the world grows with the sequels.

    Unfortunately I absolutly didn't like "Assassin's Apprentice" it is one of the few books I did not finish. It was so slow and boring and I couldn't connect to the characters at all. I was very disappointed, especially since so many readers love it.

    Greetings Tina

    ReplyDelete