04 February 2015

|WoW #6| Lying Out Loud - Kody Keplinger



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

My WoW for this week is a pretty exciting book - at least for little Maura: Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger!


Summary:

Sonny Ardmore is an excellent liar. She lies about her dad being in prison. She lies about her mom kicking her out. And she lies about sneaking into her best friend's house every night because she has nowhere else to go.
Amy Rush might be the only person Sonny shares everything with -- secrets, clothes, even a nemesis named Ryder Cross.
Ryder's the new kid at Hamilton High and everything Sonny and Amy can't stand -- a prep-school snob. But Ryder has a weakness: Amy. So when Ryder emails Amy asking her out, the friends see it as a prank opportunity not to be missed.
But without meaning to, Sonny ends up talking to Ryder all night online. And to her horror, she realizes that she might actually like him. Only there's one small catch: he thinks he's been talking to Amy. So Sonny comes up with an elaborate scheme to help Ryder realize that she's the girl he's really wanted all along. Can Sonny lie her way to the truth, or will all her lies end up costing her both Ryder and Amy? [Goodreads]

I love The DUFF!! It's one of my all time favourite books and I adore Kody Keplinger's other books, so when I saw this book, I was nearly freaking out! A companion novel to The DUFF? How amazing is that? The summary sounds pretty good, too. Now all I have to do is to wait for the moment, when the edition is available for pre-order! I really hope it won't be published much later than the hardback edition of LoL!! I couldn't stand that! Than I would have to buy the hardcover edition, which wouldn't suit to the other Kody Keplinger books in my bookshelf!
LoL will be published on April 28th 2015 by Scholastic

Are you also excited about LoL? What are you waiting for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment